About this Recipe
As a person who loves the crisp, outer edges of brownies as well as the fudgy insides, I absolutely love these cookies which combine the best of both worlds. They are fun, delicious, and easily portable for serving to groups.
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (75g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coffee
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (120g) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the melted butter and cocoa powder. The mixture will be thick and glossy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract, coffee, and egg on high speed for 5-6 minutes.
4. Then, add the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
5. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture to the cocoa powder mixture. Do not overmix.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Roll two tablespoons sized dough balls and press down slightly to make a thick disk shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.